A Childrens Mother

Friday, June 11, 2010

She was 16

We just turned 16 my friend Jessica and I. Living a life girls were suppose too. Liking the same boys, same music,and having the same friends. I remember very clearly that August summer night I was suppose to hangout with her. It was six years ago that deadly crash took her life.

She was 16.

I never was the same afterwards, I hung around books in the library a lot, turning to a story to keep from hitting reality. I pulled away from my friends I loved so much. And now on this very night I have finally cried. My reality of my friend in the cold ground has come to haunt me. And the haunting past has realistically hit my soul. I miss that girl that was only 16. As I lye on the floor my soul has finally come to a morn. Expecting to go on with life as my body gets older. I feel selfish in my own skin. See when your only 16 you think your invincible, nothing in this world could ever happen to me. and it does, every day.  So as I go on with my life as I'm suppose to.  I will count my blessing. and live life. Because sometimes you don’t get another day to awake. So this blog is to Jessica.  The one I think about every now and then. and tonight you are with me. and only for a second did I close my eyes and become 16 again. 

ShabbyBlogsDividerH

1 comment:

  1. This is an amazing story. It's so...real. I get it and have been there. I love this.

    ReplyDelete